想要在職場中占有一席之地,除了過硬的工作能力,還有很多需要注意的。如果你擁有一口流利而地道的職場英語,相信會為你的工作加分不少。如何用英文應對工作中發生的各種狀況,做到溝通無障礙,今天給你們漲漲姿勢。
1. small talk不是瞎聊
small talk(閑聊)是社交的一種形式,經常出現,比如說公司聚會認識新同事,大小會議的茶歇時間,和老外boss等電梯時……
通過small talk不僅可以打破見面時的冷場,也能讓同事朋友更加了解你的性格與人品,從而愿意給你機會,與你合作。
但是這里要提醒各位的是閑聊≠瞎聊,如果你實在找不到好的話題(topics),不妨選擇一些安全的話題作為談話的開端,比如:
Good morning! I went camping on Saturday, and of course it rained all day. Was your weekend any better?
早上好!我周六去野營,下了一整天的雨。你的周末好嗎?
The day is almost over! Do you have any interesting plans for the evening?
今天就要結束了!晚上有什么有趣的計劃嗎?
How long have you been at your job?
你在現在的工作崗位上做了幾年了?
I love your earrings! Where did you get them?
我喜歡你的耳環!你從哪兒買的?
2. Be late 上班遲到咋解釋?
平時上班,每個人都或多或少的遲到過那么幾次,可能是生病,交通堵車或者睡過頭等等,那么這時你該如何和老外老板解釋呢?
Sorry I'm late. Traffic was unusually bad today.
非常對不起,今天交通非常糟糕。
Sorry, I overslept thismorning.
抱歉,我天早上睡過頭了。
I had a lot of recent changes at home, but it's all taken care of. I will not be late again."
我最近家里發生了很多變化,已經被我處理好了。我不會再遲到了。
I'm sorry for being late. I got stuck in every light this morning.
我為今天的遲到感到抱歉。我今天早上被堵在路上了。
3.請假不是 holiday!
今兒有點事,得找領導請假了,那“請假”用英語怎么說呢?熟知下面的內容,以后請假這件小事就會妥妥的了。
(1) 我想請幾天假
I'd like to have three days off.
舉一反三:
I'm afraid I can't come to work today.
Can I take next Tuesday off?
I will miss two days next week.
(2)請病假
I'm not feeling well.
舉一反三:
I'm feeling a bit under weather.
I came down with a fever/cold/the flue.
(3)請事假
I have some personal business that I need to take care of.
舉一反三:
I got some family issues that I need to take a day off.
I have to go to my son's school tomorrow.
I need to attend a wedding next Friday.
(4)請人代班
Could you cover for me on Friday?
舉一反三:
Can you finish it instead of me?
Would it be possible if I switched my Tuesday shift for your Friday shift?
在風云變幻的職場中,要想從眾多競爭者中脫穎而出,需要我們付出很多的辛苦,我們大家一起加油呀。