很多人到了夏天喜歡穿人字拖,那你知道它的英文是什么嗎?先來看看《極品老媽》的這個片段吧。
對話原文
Adam said he's dating someone else.
亞當說他在和別人約會
Why would you tell me that?
你為什么告訴我這個
Because I don't keep secrets from you.
因為我從不瞞著你
You didn't tell me who my dad was till I was 36.
你到我36歲才告訴我我生父是誰
That's when I learned my lesson.
我就是那時學到的教訓
I don't believe this.
難以置信
Where did he meet her?
他在哪遇見她的
No. No, no. Don't tell me.
不不不 別告訴我
Where did he meet her?
他在哪遇見她的
At a yoga class.
瑜伽課上
I said don't tell me.
我說了別告訴我
To be fair, you were a little flippy-floppy.
公平地說 你確實有點反復無常
I truly didn't think it would bother you.
我真沒想到你會介意
Of course not because you don't have normal human emotions.
你當然沒想到 以為你沒有正常感情
今日重點:
與某人約會:date sb
保守秘密:keep secret
瑜伽:yoga
說句公道話:to be fair
反復:flippy-floppy,口語說法。而flip-flops就是“人字拖”。flip表示“翻轉”,flop表示“下落”
人類情感:human emotion
(來源:滬江英語)