Yeah, it doesn't matter.
哎算了,無所謂了。
You Okay there, Richard?
你沒事吧,理查德。
Uh, yeah, I'm fine.
對,我沒事。
Sorry, I can't really throw it any slower.
抱歉,我投球沒辦法更慢了
Give it another cut, Richard.
再試一次,理查德。
No, I'm fine. I don't want to.
不用了,沒事。我不想試。
Maybe someone else wants to.
說不定有人想試。
Who's next?
下一個誰來?
If someone has to go, I'll go,
如果必須有人去,那我來,
but it seems very frightening.
但這看起來非常嚇人。
You sure? You got us for the whole hour.
我們一整個小時的任務就是陪你們。
Anyone? Would it hurt your feelings if no one went?
有人嗎?
Would it hurt your feelings if no one went?
如果沒人想來你們會難過嗎
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士們先生們,
welcome to the Annual Stern-Taylor fall classic.
歡迎來到斯坦恩·泰勒基金年度秋季經典賽。
I'd like to start by making a toast
首先讓我們為這位
to our very special guest tonight,
非常特別的客人干杯,
Richard Hendricks.
他就是理查德·亨德里克斯。
Richard, after you perfect game
理查德,你幾周前
at Techcrunch Disrupt a few weeks ago,
從‘科技博客’創業展會捧回大獎后
we fell in love with you and your tech.
我們就愛上了你和你的技術。
Look, we know everyone in the Valley is after you,
我們知道全硅谷的人都想為你投資,
and we know that you're probably going to go with Peter Gregory,
我們也知道你可能會選擇彼得·格里高利,
but we'd love to have you come play on our team.
但我們仍很希望你能成為我們的一員。
Let Stern-Taylor Capital Fund in on your series A financing,
讓斯坦恩·泰勒基金為你們注入第一輪融資,
because together, Richard, we'd be...
因為只要我們齊心,理查德,就能夠,
a home.......run!
打出全壘打!
今日重點:
沒關系:it doesn't matter
嚇人的:frightening。用來形容事物或人“令人害怕的”。如果要形容自己害怕,用frightened
年度的:annual。也可作名詞表示“年刊”
敬酒:make a toast
愛上:fall in love
全壘打:home run
(來源:滬江英語)