老外在催促別人時也會根據不同的情景采取不同的表達方式:
直接表達法
Excuse me, but I am running very late for my next appointment and would appreciate it if you could go quicker.
抱歉,我馬上趕不上我的下一個預約了。如果你能稍微快一點,我會非常感激。
Please, if possible could you move a little faster, I am on a tight schedule today.
請麻煩盡可能快一些,我今天時間非常緊迫。
老板怎么說
I need you to get a move along.
我需要你在這個任務上一直向前,取得進展。
You're a bit behind schedule and need to get moving.
你有點落后于計劃,你需要行動起來,取得進展。
Please, can you speed up, you are holding everyone up!
拜托,你能加快速度嗎,你在拖累著每個人!
You need to go faster.
你需要加快速度。
Please try to finish up in the next few minutes.
請在接下來的幾分鐘內試著做完。
We need it no later than the end of (date/time).
我們不遲于(日期/時間)結束前完成它。
You need to have it finished by (time).
你需要按(時間)完成。
父母怎么說
Get a wriggle on.
動起來,快一點。
Please, get a move on.
請抓緊時間。
Don't dawdle.
不要磨蹭。
Stop messing around and hurry up.
不要搗亂了,快一點。
間接或暗示表達法
It looks like you are having some trouble, can I help you maybe?
看起來你遇到了一些麻煩,需要我幫你嗎?
I don't have much time today.
我今天沒有太多時間。
What seems to be the holdup?
是什么原因讓我們停下了?
Wow! Is that the time, I need to a get a move on!
哇!時間到了嗎,我得麻利一點了。
It seems like you need some help with that.
看起來你需要一些幫助。
Would you like me to assist you?
您希望我幫助您嗎?
最后,還要注意一點:
使用什么方法并不重要,說這些短語的關鍵是使用正確的語調。太激進了,你可能會引起爭吵;太輕柔了,這個人可能不會關心或無法理解你的匆忙。