1. hit the right note /strike the right note
說得恰當
I don’t know how he managed to do it, but he just struck the right note and the meeting ended really positively, even the boss looked pleased!
我不知道他是怎ô做到的,但他只是說話恰當得體,會議結束得非常積極,即使是老板看起來也很高興!
2. blow your own trumpt/ blow your own horn / toot your own horn
自吹自擂
Well, you’re very good at blowing your own trumpet, you just never seem to prove it!
好吧,你很擅長自吹自擂,你似乎從δ證明過任何事!
3. it takes two/ to tango
一個巴掌拍不響
I know you saw what he did, but it takes two to tango, they are both equally to blame.
我知道你看到了他所做的,但是一個巴掌拍不響,他們都要承擔同樣的責任。
4. fit as a fiddle
非常健康
It’s unbelievable. He must be at least 80 but he’s as fit as a fiddle!
真是難以置信。他一定至少80歲了,但他非常健康!
5. with bells on
不折不扣的,十足的
Yes, I’m going to the party too, I’ll be there with bells on!
是的,我也要去參加聚會,我會非常想去的!
6. like a broken record
喋喋不休
Would you please stop going on about her boyfriend, you sound like a broken record!
你能不能別再提她的男朋友了,你聽起來總是喋喋不休!
7. and all that jazz
諸如此類
Celebrities definitely seem to be starting all the latest trends with fashion, hair and all that jazz.
名人們顯然是從時尚、發型和爵士樂開始了所有的最新潮流。
8. music to my ears
好消息
When they read out the results and everyone heard that I got top marks, it was like music to my ears!!
當他們宣讀結果時,ÿ個人都聽說我得了高分,這真是個好消息!
(來源:滬江英語)